Tuesday, July 5, 2011

How To Train A Cat To Use The Toilet

Did you ever wonder if it is really possible to train your cat to use the toilet instead of a litterbox? Did you ever think how wonderful it would be to never have to clean a dirty, smelly litterbox ever again? Well, it certainly is possible to do and if you learn how to train a cat to use the toilet, you will never have to clean that litterbox again!


There are many different ways to train your cat to use the toilet and oddly enough which method you use will depend on what breed of cat you own. Each breed responds differently to training techniques and there are so many options to try when you are really serious about eliminating the litterbox. I can remember all the times I changed my cats stinky litterbox, thinking to myself, there has got to be a better way. Not to mention that kitty litter costs a small fortune. I hated every time I had to spend money on it, and I thought to myself, I can't believe I have to spend so much money on something that my cat is going to go to the bathroom on.

After a couple years of spending my money on cat litter, I decided to search for some ideas on how to train a cat to use the toilet. The internet is the perfect place to find information on just about any subject so I did some research, visited many websites, and found lots of information from other people on what they think is the best way to approach this. I tried several suggestions that I found along the way, but to my disappointment, nothing worked. My cats did not want to hear it, and I was beginning to think I was doomed to a life of cleaning dirty litterboxes.

There are many different methods to try when teaching your cat to use the toilet but again, it does matter what breed of cat you have. One of them is to slowly start moving the litter box closer and closer to the toilet until it is right next to it. Then, once your cat gets used to the new location you can make a container that will fit inside the rim of the toilet and put cat litter in it and introduce it to your cat, dont forget to remove the litter box at this point, but I do recommend you have a litter box in another area of your home so if your cat does not take to the new bathroom situation, it will not go on the floor. The cat should recognize the cat litter as the place to go to the bathroom. It may not happen overnight but with persistence and patience, your cat should learn to use it. Once you have established that your cat is using the toilet, then you can try removing the cat litter all together. If your cat stops using the toilet, you may have to put the litter back for a while longer but eventually you should be able to remove it.

I continued my search, and one day I stumbled upon a website and bought an ebook on how to train a cat to use the human toilet. I figured the price is very reasonable with a money back guarantee, and all the free information got me no results at all. I took a chance and to my surprise, this book is filled with tons of helpful and effective training methods. I learned that it really depends on what breed of cat it is as to what method works the best. I would have never known that otherwise. I am still in the process of teaching my cats the techniques in this book, as with anything else, it does take time and persistence. But, I have achieved some success, and was thrilled the first time my cat actually used the toilet! I still keep the litterbox around though because I don't want any "accidents" on my floor while my cats are in training. Be patient and keep trying because success is well worth the effort

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More